We are so excited to be brining our annual everlasting wreath making workshops to the Creative Village Newcastle at Charlestown Square once again this year! Blooms by Katey has been running floral workshops in Newcastle for two years with her everlasting wreath ,making workshops being sell out events.
This workshop is perfect for ages sixteen & above, requiring no previous floristry experience as head florist Katey will be there to assist you along the way! Everything is supplied on the day including a beautiful 30 x 30 cm wreath base, a range of dried / preserved florals & foliages plus all the handy tools to help construct your wreath.
All you need to bring is yourself & a passion for being creatively hands on!
Ticket Cost: $100 per person
Duration: 1.5 hours
Dates: Saturday 13th November & Sunday 14th November
Tickets coming soon!
As florists we are always asked why wedding flowers cost more. Yes, wedding flowers are more expensive & there are many reasons why. Trust us, florists, like most of the wedding industry are not driving around in Teslas.
Let's start with WHY we find it hard to swallow the seemingly "high expenses" of florals. Yes, we are not used to spending big bucks on something that has a short lifespan. But when you book a wedding florist, you are not just paying for the raw product, you are also paying for:
- Emails & phone calls with our suppliers
- Emails & consultation with our couples
- Behind the scenes organisational & preparation tasks
- Pre dawn wake ups to hit the flower markets & long working hours
- Relationships built with growers & wholesalers to ensure we give you the best flowers
- The costs associated with growing a flower from seed to harvest
- Cool rooms & the cost related to running a cool room to keep your flowers & foliages looking fresh
- Actual flower arranging (a LOT of time. More than you would imagine)
- Depreciation of tools
- The purchase of sun dries to go with your flowers including: ribbons, twine, pins, packaging, vases, tissue & much more including postage costs!
- Water & electricity costs
- Delivery time, travel (often multiple drops offs for bouquets, buttonholes, ceremony & receptions florals on the day of your wedding) & expenses related to running a car
- Paying staff members
- Time to install florals
- General running of a business costs
- YEARS of time spent training & mastering being a qualified florist
With context of what goes on behind the scenes as a wedding florist, it makes a lot more sense right? The way us florists try to look at wedding flowers is to avoid thinking about the longevity & the focus on the vibe & beauty they bring to your special day PLUS they will be immortalised in photos captured by your photographer.